There have been a lot of Marvel movie news updates in the last couple of days and it lo0ks like it's not over yet. At this point it will never be over. Just as long as Marvel keeps making movies, then there will be news to deliver. Firstshowing attended a little conference in which Marvel President Kevin Feige unleashed some more news.
First off IRON MAN 2:
- The creative team watched their favorite movie sequels to make sure they got Iron Man 2 right.
- The story will be fairly simple so that they can focus on the characters and crack open the mythology.
- They have carried over the same sense of humor and the tone from the first movie.
- They have also added more characters... obviously like Black Widow and Whiplash.
- It is also obvious that they would want to up the action.
- SPOILER: Scarlett Johansson's character starts off as an assistant to Tony and then later is revealed to be Black Widow. From the sound of it, she will betray Tony in the end.
Moving on to THOR:
- Feige also confirmed that Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were officially cast in Thor.
- Thor takes place on both modern Earth and Asgard, possibly other worlds?
- Director Kenneth Branagh will not use any classic Shakespearean dialogue, which was often used in the comics. Which I find to be an interesting road to go down, but one that I can understand.
- SPOILER: Feige explains that Loki is a villain that could be sustained over the course of many films and provide the hero with a challeng,e while also being a mirror of that hero himself. So obviously Loki will play a role in a Thor sequel. But what about the rest of the Marvel universe?
- Edgar Wright is currently finishing up another draft of Ant-Man for them to look at after he finishes Scott Pilgrim.
Finally the great CAPTAIN AMERICA:
- Feige confirmed this this will be a period piece that takes place during WWII.
- 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' is their inspiration. They want the same level of fun. As do I.
- As for the director Joe Johnston, who is a great director, Captain America is compared to two of his previous films 'The Rocketeer', 'October Sky' and a little bit of the ship designs that Johnston did for 'Star Wars'.
- SPOILER: The Captain's sidekick Bucky will be in the movie.
I always said that Johnston was the perfect director for this project and Feige says:
"It's the movie his entire career has been leading towards."
Then Kevin Feige said that Marvel will be announcing a new film within the next few months that will be released in 2012. I wonder what it could be...
My guess is Dr. Strange.
This Marvel stuff is pretty cool isn't it! There is so much excitement for these films. We can only hope that they will live up to our expectations, which I am sure they will. These movie are being created by the fans themselves, so i don't think we have anything to worry about.
What new Marvel film do you think they are going to announce?