Thanks to everybody for checking out last weeks Obscure Horror Watch List, and remember join in on this! If you can think of a movie you think should be included just leave a comment below or message me on my personal Facebook page because I'm seeing what all of you have to say! Kicking off week 2 of our obscure horror watch list for the month of Halloween. Here we go:
6. Babysitter Wanted- I don't know why I put this one off for so long! I finally watched it this week and I knew it had to go on this list! If you like little demon children, Bill Moseley and The House of the Devil then you'll have a lot of fun watching this!
Angie applies for a babysitting job and finds herself on a remote farm before the Stanton family and their little boy, Sam. But Angie's first night of work might just be her last when she must fight for her life to protect herself and the child. But is everything as it seems? Babysitter Wanted turns the classic "babysitter in peril" horror story absolutely on its head. Suspenseful, funny, gory and defying expectations every step of the way, this is one of the most enjoyable and critically acclaimed rollercoaster rides in recent horror cinema history.
7. The Burrowers- This movie has Clancy Brown in the wild west taking on these creepy little monster things, you just have to watch it!
The Dakota Territories. 1879. A handful of brave pioneers maintain isolated settlements in the badlands beyond civilization. Irish Immigrant Fergus Coffey is near to winning the hand of his beloved Maryanne when she is suddenly taken from him, her family brutally abducted in a nighttime attack on their homestead. Suspicion falls immediately on hostile Indians. Experienced Indian fighters Will Parcher and John Clay form a posse and set out to rescue the kidnapped settlers, taking along a naïve teenager hoping to prove himself a man, an ex-slave looking for his place, and their ranch-hand, Coffey. But as men vanish in the night, and horrific evidence accumulates with the dead and dying, the group discovers that their prey is far more terrifying than anything human, and their prospects are far more terrible than death.
8. Spirit Camp- Director Kerry Beyer's perfect homage to the 80's slasher film! This is a perfect fun watch and shouldn't be missed plus it has Julin in it!
FRIDAY THE 13TH meets BRING IT ON! - When a street smart goth girl is forced to attend cheer camp as part of her rehabilitation from a juvenile correction facility, she clashes with the popular girls and finds herself embroiled in a bitter rivalry with the bitchy ringleader. But when members of the spirit squad start turning up dead, the girls must put aside their differences as they struggle to survive the murderous rage of a crazed psycho-killer lurking among them.
9. Don't Look Up- A recent watch and new favorite from Asian filmmakers Hideo Nakata and Fruit Chan.
From Hideo Nakata, the creator of The Ring comes a new vision of terror – directed by acclaimed filmmaker Fruit Chan. Haunted by paranormal visions, director Marcus Reed travels to Romania to shoot a horror film based on an ancient curse. But while on location, a fierce supernatural force rips open a portal to the past and summons the wrath of evil spirits that terrorize the cast and crew. Starring Reshad Strik, Henry Thomas, Kevin Corrigan, Eli Roth and Lothaire Bluteau.
10. Red Mist- This is just one of those movies that you have to watch more than once plus it has Arielle Lebbel in it who is another one of my pretend girlfriends!
The medical students at Forthaven General Hospital study hard and party harder, until a cruel prank accidentally puts the facility's creepy janitor into a deep coma. But when one responsible student tries to revive the degenerate loner with an experimental injection, she instead sends his brainwaves berserk. Will a sudden spree of sick kicks now claim the guilty one by one, or has the ultimate out of body experience ushered in a bloodbath of brutal revenge?
Want to see 1-5 from Week 1? Click HERE