Yes, it's been done. We now have a Space Monolith action figure from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. With zero points of articulation! This would be a great stocking stuffer for Christmas, but I don't think you can get it by tomorrow. However, if by some crazy chance you're not celebrating Christmas until next week, then you still have some time!
2010 - The year toys make contact.
Deep in the heart of Aisle 7 (the action figure aisle), all throughout the 70's, 80's, and 90's, something waited. No one knew it was there, until toy stores began their turn of the century renovations. Then the Monolith Action Figure was discovered. What was it for? Where did it come from? Why wouldn't its barcode scan? No one knew. And no one knows to this day.
We here at ThinkGeek have some theories, however. We think the Monolith Action Figures were left by some ancient, extra-galactic, action figure intelligence. We believe, based on our tests (including pH, electromagnetic, and taste) these Monolith Action Figures will eventually cause other action figures to evolve. We're not sure if that means gaining better accessories and articulation, or becoming sentient. Either one is cool in our book. The Monolith Action Figure looks great on your desk, wall, or shelf, and will definitely be the most talked about toy in your collection.
- Properly proportioned to those in the movies 2001 and 2010 (1:4:9 - the squares of the first 3 integers)
- Made of semisynthetic, organic, amorphous, solid materials (AKA plastic)
- Zero (0) points of articulation
- May cause strange magnetic fields, action figure evolution, seeing things filled with stars, and/or more (or it might just sit on your desk doing nothing)
- Astronaut in the photo is not included. He's ours. Get your own.
- Dimensions: .75" x 3" x 6.75"