A survey was conducted by LOVEFiLM to find out what movies people lie about watching. Of the 1500 people polled, 80% of respondents confessed to saying they had seen Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather when in fact they had not. The rest of the movies in the top five are Casablanca, Taxi Driver, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Reservoir Dogs.
1. The Godfather (30 per cent)
2. Casablanca (13 per cent)
3. Taxi Driver (11 per cent)
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey (9 per cent)
5. Reservoir Dogs (8 per cent)
6. This Is Spinal Tap (7 per cent)
7. Apocalypse Now (6 per cent)
8. Goodfellas (5 per cent)
=8. Blade Runner (5 per cent)
10. The Great Escape (4 per cent)
Keep in mind that this poll was taken in the UK, so American audiences have likely lied about different films. I watch an insane number of movies and have since I was a teen. I did a quick scan of the Top 250 films on IMDb. Out of the Top 20 films on that list, I have not seen Seven Samurai and Once Upon A Time In The West. So which movies have you NOT seen but then lied about in conversation with your friends?