Assassin’s Creed Rogue is a newly announced game exclusively for PS3 and Xbox 360 (last-gen consoles) coming out November 11th. Assassin’s Creed Unity is exclusive to the PS4 and Xbox One and coming out October 28th. So if you're a fan of Assassin’s Creed and you have both generations of consoles, it looks like you've got a lot of gaming to look forward to. While I'm very excited for Assassin’s Creed Unity, I don't yet own a PS4. I'm glad Ubisoft has made a game specifically for people with last-gen consoles.
Play as Shay, an Assassin who finds himself at a crossroads and ultimately turns his back on The Brotherhood in order to hunt them down.
• Play as an all-new type of Assassin in the throes of a dark transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a loyal Templar committed to hunting down his former allies in the Assassin’s Brotherhood.
• New weapons such as the deadly air rifle and a variety of ammunition as well as specialized grenades can be used to distract, eliminate, or confuse enemies.
• Use Shay’s enhanced Eagle Vision and locate hidden Assassins to either avoid or eliminate them.
• Sail the icy and perilous seas of the North Atlantic for thrilling naval gameplay including new enemy tactics, exotic new weapons, and an arctic world full of icebergs and other dangers.
• Explore a diverse open world including the city streets of New York City, lush river valleys of the North East, and icy seas of the North Atlantic Ocean.
Playing as an Assassin turned Templar is not only a fun twist but allows us to see a side of the conflict we've yet to see. I'm adding this to my Christmas wishlist.