The actual Velociraptor cage used in the famous opening scene of Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park is now up for sale on eBay. Remember when they are trying to unload the raptor and one of the poor workers is pulled into the cage where he ends up being torn to shreds? If not, I posted a video of it below.
There's no way this thing is in condition to hold a raptor, let alone a rabid dog. It looks like it's ready to fall apart. It did not stand the test of time. It's in such terribly poor shape. But if you want it as some kind of ugly decoration, the bidding for the cage is almost up to $100,000. You can always invest more money in refurbishing it if you want, though!
Here are the details on the eBay page...
- This is the original screen used prop seen in the opening scene of Jurassic Park
- It is an authentic, original prop which was designed and constructed for the film
- The Crate is featured prominently in the opening scene of the movie, as can be seen in the reference shots below!
- The Crate is primarily wood, with some metal/steel components
- The bottom of the crate is heavy steel
- This is a very large and heavy prop; estimated weight is several hundred to one thousand pounds
- Includes a full size Velociraptor prop
- Velociraptor prop was produced for display at the premiere of the film