So, what do we do every night when we get home from work or errands or whatever it is we do? We settle down for our favorite T.V. shows. Whether you like reality, sitcom, crime, soap, comedy, drama, or telemundo, you know that your Television program(s) are a big exciting factor in your week, right? That is... dun, dun, dun.... until they get cancelled. I am so sad and angry right now. My hubby and I have our shows that we love dearly, and every September we check out all the new stuff coming out and decide to maybe give some of the up-and-comers a shot. Some excell, some flop. We get it, but it just seems like half of our line-up is getting booted this season, and it's just so crappy. Here's what the folks on Yahoo had to say about it.
These cancellations can be alarming and especially annoying when you're really invested in a particular TV show. Attempting to find out exactly when the canceled shows will air its last few episodes can confuse the situation even more.
So, they have put together a sad list of shows that are nearing their end, and when you can expect to see them gone forever.
To ease you into the reality that you're going to have to break up with a show you've just started to get involved with, we've put together a list of the current season's canceled TV series which includes information on how many remaining episodes will air when:
"Dirty Sexy Money" – 5 episodes
- 'The Plan' airs Wednesday, 12/10 at 10pm ET
- 'The Organ Donor' airs Wednesday, 12/17 at 10pm ET
- Three more episodes will air after that, dates TBA
"Eli Stone" – 7 episodes
- 'Help!' airs Tuesday, 12/9 at 10pm ET
- 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' airs Tuesday, 12/16 at 10pm ET
- Five more episodes will air after that, dates TBA
"Opportunity Knocks" – 6 episodes
- No air dates have been announced, but they are likely to air over the summer.
"Pushing Daisies" – 5 episodes
- 'The Legend of Merle McQuoddy' airs Wednesday, 12/10 at 8pm ET
- 'The Norwegians' airs Wednesday, 12/17 at 8pm ET
- Three more episodes will air after that; dates TBA
"The Ex List" – 0 episodes
- After airing only four episodes, it's very unlikely that CBS will bring this romantic comedy back.
"Easy Money" – 0 episodes
"Valentine" – 0 episodes
"In Harm's Way" – 0 episodes
- The CW rented three hours of their Sunday night airtime to Media Rights Capital (MRC), but instead of filling the timeslots with established programming, MRC aired three original shows that failed to attract viewers. The shows were quickly pulled from the lineup and have since been replaced by CBS' cancelled drama "Jericho" at 7pm and various movies between 8pm and 10pm.
"Do Not Disturb" – 0 episodes
- Three episodes are all you're going to get out of Fox for this comedy.
"My Own Worst Enemy" – 2 episodes
- 'Love In All the Wrong Places' airs Monday, 12/8 at 10pm ET
- 'Henry and the Terrible… Day' airs Monday, 12/15 at 10pm ET
"Lipstick Jungle" – 3 episodes
- 'Chapter Eighteen: Indecent Exposure' airs Friday, 12/12 at 9pm ET
- Two more episodes will air through 1/9; the show will not air the last two weeks of December.
"Crusoe" – 6 episodes
- 'Heroes and Villains' airs Saturday, 12/6 at 8pm ET
- 'Name of the Game' airs Saturday, 12/20 at 8pm ET
- 'Smoke and Mirrors' airs Saturday, 12/27 at 8pm ET
- 'The Hunting Party' airs Saturday, 1/10 at 8pm ET
- 'The Traveler' airs Saturday, 1/17 at 8pm ET
- 'The Return' airs Saturday, 1/31 at 8pm ET
"Knight Rider" – 17 episodes:
- The show's season (and possible series) finale will air Wednesday, 2/25.
- Low ratings have prompted NBC to trim "Knight Rider's" order from 21 episodes to 17.
And the worst thing about it is that even though we (and everyone I've talked to about it) love My Own Worst Enemy, I can deal with the fact that it's leaving just slightly better than Pushing Daisies & Eli Stone. We are in 2nd seasons here!!!! Their story lines were not finished!!!! I have enjoyed PD for the sheer obscurity of it, and the hilarious plot and immensely talented cast, and I defy anyone to watch all of ES up until now and tell me that show isn't in the least bit touching. It brought back a conscience to prime time T.V. It was enlightening and we loved it. I am not too savvy on how exactly people make petitions and such to fight for their shows or even how successful those types of things are, but maybe you can help us Dr. V? Us, meaning all those unhappy fans out there!! Who's with me?? Let's get our favorite shows back!!
Signed, A very unhappy Princess Buttercup