You know there are a lot of 2008 top 10 movie lists going around right now and most of them I don't really care for? But how can I ignore Stephen King, one of the greatest authors of our day. I can't. I love his books and I am interested in what he thought the best movies were this year. He has more credibility than anyone else out there! So without further adu here is Kings top 10 movie list of 2008:
1.The Dark Knight - This is to cape-and-tights movies what Godfather II was to the gangster movie: a genre-defining event.
2. Slumdog Millionaire - It's been years since the movies have produced such an affecting story about the power of friendship.
3. WALL-E - I don't think it deserves a Best Picture Academy Award, but it certainly deserves to be nominated.
4. Tropic Thunder - The funniest, most daring comedy of the year.
5. Funny Games - This grim story of home invasion by two thrill-seeking young men in white gloves was the most terrifying movie of the year.
6. The Bank Job - High-tension cerebral thrills.
7. Lakeview Terrace - Jackson's performance deserves an Academy Award nod, but won't get one. Too bad.
8. The Ruins - It could have been ludicrous. Instead, it's unrelenting.
9. Redbelt - This is not your father's Karate Kid.
10. Death Race - Death Race is filled with laconic violence and blasting muscle cars, but just beneath the surface is a biting satire of reality TV.
There are some movies on there most people wouldn't expect to be on a list of best films. Every film he has on the list I enjoyed as well. I am glad we both agree on the performance of Sam Jackson in Lakeview Terrace, because I said the same thing in my review for the film. What do you think of Kings list?
I am currently working on my Top 10 list for the year. There are still a few more movies I need to see before I make a final decision.
Source - EW
Follow GeekTyrantGeekTyrant on FacebookGeekTyrant on TwitterGeekTyrant on YouTubeGeekTyrant on TwitchGeekTyrant RSS Feed
NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! This School Surveillance Video Supposedly Capturing a Ghost in Action Is Not Scary!
Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo Get Uncomfortable When TV Host Drops a Major THOR: RAGNAROK Spoiler