How does one come up with a best movie of the decade list!? There are so many movies that have come out over the last 10 years, to break it down into a short list just seems ridiculous. But it’s something I challenged myself to do. Some people will agree with my list, some people will disagree with my list. All I know is that I thought about this long and hard and waited until the last minute to finalize my list for my top 15 favorite films of the decade.
Here's how I made my choices:
- I tried to pick a film out of each movie genre.
- I decided I wouldn’t go back and look at all the films that have been made over the last ten years. I figured if I remembered the movie, then it was worth remembering, if I didn’t remember the film then that’s too bad.
- I finalized my list by looking at the movies that I’ve watched several times throughout the years that I never grew tired of.
These are films that I continue to enjoy. I can pop them in my DVD or Blu-Ray player knowing that this is a great film and that I’m going to enjoy it. These films need no other explanation other than I love the hell out of them, they inspire me, and I think they will stand the test of time.
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy - 2001, 2002, 2003
- Zodiac - 2007
- The Dark Knight - 2008
- There Will Be Blood - 2007
- Pans Labyrinth - 2006
- The Departed - 2006
- Spider-Man 2 - 2004
- Ratatouille - 2007
- Tropic Thunder - 2008
- Cinderella Man - 2005
- O Brother, Where Art Thou - 2000
- Almost Famous - 2000
- Star Trek - 2009
- (500) Days of Summer - 2009
- Session 9 - 2001
Love ‘em or hate ‘em this is it. This is my favorite movies of the decade list.
What movies would you add to it?