Yeah, I watched the MTV Movie Awards last night just so I could see the film clips from the upcoming movies and see Andy Sandberg do his thing. The best part of the whole show though is when Bruno dropped down ass first on Eminem's face. I have a feeling that will make it's way into the final cut of the movie Bruno.
The film 'Twilight' pretty much ran those awards bringing home five awards which doesn't surprise me, but it also kind of does because of some of the wins, like Best Fight Scene?! Even some of the Twilight fans that follow us on Twitter said that win was a bunch of crap. But this is what the 12 to 16 year old girls love, and it is this age group that rules the world. Check out the winners of last night show which proves that I am right.
BEST MOVIE (voting stays live throughout the 2009 Movie Awards ceremony)
- The Dark Knight
- High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Iron Man
- Slumdog Millionaire
Look at the movies Twilight beat out! This is just crazy! The Dark Knight gets snubbed again.
BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
- Angelina Jolie - Wanted
- Anne Hathaway - Bride Wars
- Kate Winslet - The Reader
- Kristen Stewart - Twilight
- Taraji P. Henson - The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
You know they should just stop nominating the amazing performance of the year for these type of awards and fill it in with all tween movie actors. It's gotta be embarrassing losing out to Kristen Steward after winning an Oscar.
BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
- Christian Bale - The Dark Knight
- Robert Downey Jr. - Iron Man
- Shia LaBeouf - Eagle Eye
- Vin Diesel - Fast & Furious
- Zac Efron - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Really? Robert Downey Jr. lost to Zac Efron? Thats just weak sauce people.
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE FEMALE
- Amanda Seyfried - Mamma Mia!
- Ashley Tisdale - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Freida Pinto - Slumdog Millionaire
- Miley Cyrus - Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Vanessa Hudgens - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
- Kat Dennings - Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
Wait. Who is that?
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE MALE
- Robert Pattinson - Twilight
- Taylor Lautner - Twilight
- Ben Barnes - The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
- Dev Patel - Slumdog Millionaire
- Bobb’e J. Thompson - Role Models
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
- Amy Poehler - Baby Mama
- Anna Faris - The House Bunny
- James Franco - Pineapple Express
- Jim Carrey - Yes Man
- Steve Carell - Get Smart
I'm kinda surprised James Franco didn't win this one.
- Derek Mears - Friday The 13th
- Dwayne Johnson - Get Smart
- Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
- Johnathon Schaech - Prom Night
- Luke Goss - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Wow, it's a good thing know one from the Twilight movie was nominated for Best Villain like James, because I know for a fact Heath Ledger would have lost.
- Anne Hathaway vs. Kate Hudson - Bride Wars
- Christian Bale vs. Heath Ledger - The Dark Knight
- Ron Perlman vs. Luke Goss - Hellboy II: The Golden Army
- Robert Pattinson vs. Cam Gigandet - Twilight
- Seth Rogen and James Franco vs. Danny McBride - Pineapple Express
- Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy - Wanted
- Freida Pinto and Dev Patel - Slumdog Millionaire
- James Franco and Sean Penn - Milk
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - Twilight
- Paul Rudd and Thomas Lennon - I Love You, Man
- Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron - High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Was there any doubt?
BEST WTF MOMENT (New Category)
- Amy Poehler - Baby Mama, Peeing In the Sink
- Angelina Jolie - Wanted, Curved Bullet Kill
- Ayush Mahesh Khedekar - Slumdog Millionaire, Jumping in the Poop Shed
- Ben Stiller - Tropic Thunder, Tasting the Decapitated Head
- Jason Segel and Kristen Bell - Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Naked Break-Up
BEST SONG FROM A MOVIE (New Category)
- “Jai Ho” - AR Raham, Slumdog Millionaire
- “The Wrestler” - Bruce Springsteen, The Wrestler
- “The Climb” - Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: The Movie
- “Decode” - Paramore, Twilight
The madness needs to stop.