Comic-Con 09: Geek Awesomeness to Look Forward to
Comic-Con 2009 Blows up in San Diego in 36 days. It's never to late to think about what it is you want to see once you get there if you were lucky enough to get your tickets before they sold out. This is going to be a crazy year for sure. Yesterday we told you about a couple movies and a bunch of TV shows that were going to have panels. Today I have a little bit more information to share with you to get you a little excited.
Comic-Con is still in the process of finalizing their schedule. So we will up date you once we get confirmation on all of these things.
- This will be the first year ever that Peter Jackson will come down and make an appearance at the biggest geek-fest of them all. He will be coming down to support Neil Blomkamp's 'District 9' film, which looks great. Of course he will hit up Hall H.
- Of course the other big heavy hitter that may be attending is James Cameron who will promote his new technologically advanced film 'Avatar'. We can only hope he will show some of his 3-D footage of the movie like Beowulf did a couple years back.
- Producer Frank Marshall said that Miyazaki's animated 'Ponyo' film will be at Comic-Con, and we have heard the filmmaker himself, Hayao Miyazaki, will be at in attendance as well.
- Disney always makes a big splash at the event. This year they will be showing off 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time', Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' and I'm sure They will show off some new Pixar stuff like Toy Story 3.
- It would be great if Disney unleashed the first trailer for 'Tron 2'.
- It's looking like Marvel is going to have Jon Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. promote 'Iron Man 2'. This is one of those panels I hope actually happens and that they have some footage cut together to show us. They will have time to splice something together. This could be the hit of Comic-Con.
- Warner Bros panel will include Sherlock Holmes with Guy Ritchie and Robert Downey Jr. We will also get our first look at Jonah Hex with Josh Brolin and probably Megan Fox. I'm sure Megan Fox will show up, it's her job.
- Sony will show off it's end of the world flick '2012' and perhaps Phillip Noyce's Salt. So there's a chance we could see John Cusack and Angelina Jolie.
- Zack Snyder will be show up for a live showing of Watchmen on blu-ray one of the nights, I assume it will be the 3+ hour directors cut. So if you have the time...
- Twilight's 'New Moon' will be a huge hit this year.
- I'm not sure what Universal will be bring to the table this year but I would guess that 'The Wolfman' and 'Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World' will show up in some capacity.
That's all we got for you know, but we will keep you updated when the updates and announcements coming rolling in. We are all very excited to get out there this year and see all of this stuff! We will also be giving out GeekTyrant T-Shirts to all of our readers who end up going! Make sure to follow us on Twitter!
This information comes from our good friends at Firstshowing.net