Star Wars, Star Trek & Matrix Themed Home Theaters - Guess which one Cost $900,000
You may remember the Stargate Home Theater that guy spent $70,000 on. If you thought that was crazy --and let's be clear, it is -- here's some more sci-fi themed theaters, and one of them cost close to ONE MILLION dollars! I already hate having to pay full price on DVD's. As much as I love gathering with my friends and family and watching movies, I can't justify spending a million dollars on a home theater -- especially one that only seats 11 people! I guess if you've got the money, what can I argue?
Rise of The Jedi
- Modeled after Chancellor Palpatine’s office in Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith,
- 14 x 19 theater, used to be a garage
- Ringed with faux windows showing the capital city, which was re-created using 3D rendering
- made from MDF board with a high-gloss automotive paint
- The lighting is controlled by a Lutron Grafik Eye system
- Uses Marantz DLP projector thrown onto a 103-inch Vutec XFH screen
- Three separate rooms including one starfield
- Life-sized Han Solo, C3PO, and Boba Fett
- Sliding doors and a secret door
- 10 CinemaTech Valentino motorized seats and a Crestron remote to control entire theater
- Three-room area consists of a theater, bar and ready room, measuring a total of 70-by-22 feet.
- Motion-activated, air-lock doors with sound effects.
- “Red Alert” button on the Crestron TPMC-10 controller to turn all of the LEDs bright red and flashing
- Features actual “Star Trek” sound FX
- Features “one of the largest Kaleidescape hard-drive based storage systems” that has eight servers to store 3,816 DVDs
- 33 feet deep, 19 feet wide and 11 feet high,
- Cost = more than $900,000.
- Features a Runco DTV-1101 projector, a 4-way screen by Stewart Filmscreen
- Faroudja DVP-5000 video processor and Escient Power Play DVD management system
- Revel surround sound speakers and eight Linn Klimax mono-block power amplifiers