Legendary comic-book creator Stan Lee tweeted some news/claims about Marvel Movie projects in the works. Likely the most plausible news is that, "Marvel is prepping a movie starring– Ant Man!" This is confirmed by the fact that Lee had a meeting with director Edgar Wright (Hot Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead) -- who has been developing an Ant-Man movie for a couple of years, but after taking on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, he put the project on the back burner. Wright confirmed the meeting when he tweeted:
Sometimes you shouldn’t meet your heroes in case they disappoint. @smilinstanlee does not disappoint.
- To make up for my previous grievous error, here’s a little item that may have escaped you. Marvel is prepping a movie starring– Ant Man!
- I had lunch with the cool , young director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) and, as you’d imagine, we had fun discussing the tiny hero
- Ant Man is just one of the many wild treats Marvel has planned for you, such as Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Black Panther and more, more, more!
- But time enough for entertainment after our mission has been accomplished. Now if only I could remember what our mission is!
- Of course, it might be easier to create a perfect world with 1,000,000 Brigadiers than with 40,000. Math was never my strong suit!
- Be patient, Brigadiers. Marvel, Disney and POW! have wonderment awaiting you. And your Generalissimo hasn’t lost a battle yet! Excelsior!