As you've probably heard by now Sony Pictures is prepping up to shoot Men in Black 3 in 3D with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones reprising their roles. We've had a few little tidbits of information on the film here and there, but there really hasn't been a lot of details revealed.
Joblo got their hands on a some more information on the film that you might be interested in checking out. Here are some of the main points.
- Agent Jay was going to be sent back in time to 1969 where he teams up with a young Kay to stop a crazy evil villain named Yaz from destroying the world in the future.
- There’s only one real bad guy in the film, and it’s Yaz, described as a nightmare biker who looks like Dennis Hopper and Satan. This character is played by Flight of the Conchord’s Jemaine Clement. The character is described as oozing badassery and violence out of every pore. It should really be interesting to see Clement take on such a interesting villainous role.
- Agent K in 1969 is supposed to be 26 years old. But isn't Brolin 42? I guess if they can make him look like a college aged George Bush they can make him look like a 26 year old K.
- A new cast of celebrities are revealed as aliens in this era, among these aliens are Yoko Ono, Jimi Hendrix, Castro, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Andy Warhol, who actually has an extended scene where he aids Jay and Kay on their mission.
- There is a scene which describes an Apple Store as a secret time-travel hub, and shaking the iPhone’s clock app as a way to travel into the past... I want that app!
- The general idea is that Yaz travels back in time to kill K, which sets off a chain of events that ends in the destruction of the world.
- There’s a bunch of future-seeing aliens that are central to the plot.
The movie sounds like it will end up being a fun cheese-ball flick. I honestly don't have a problem with a third Men In Black film. My hope is that it ends up being more like the original than the sequel because I was not a big fan of the sequel.
Special Effects artists Rick Baker is already hard at work designing some new alien creatures, and last we heard David Koepp was currently polishing up the script. Sony Pictures has set the release date for the film at May 24th 2012.
What do you think about the new details revealed for Men in Black 3?