Today director/producer Bryan Singer talked to Harry Knowles from Ain't it Cool News and dropped some major details on the Matthew Vaughn directed X-Men: First Class.
I have to tell you... after reading through these details I couldn't help but get incredibly excited for this movie. It may end up being the best X-Men film made so far. I'm serious! This is the first Marvel film ever made where we will see the Silver Age of Marvel up on the big screen! If that doesn't excite you I don't know what will. Here are some points of interest.
- The movie will be set in the 1960's. John F Kennedy is the President of the United States. Martin Luther King and Malcolm X are on TV doing marches.
- We will see how Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr met in their twenties, and how they dreamt of a future with Mutant & Human kind.
- Xavier will not be in a wheel chair at this point. But we'll se how he ends up in the wheelchair. This also all happens before he starts loosing his hair.
- The costumes will be far more comic bookish than we've seen before
- The movie will not be based on the First Class Comic book. It will be a new beginning for the X-Men.
- The technology in the film will be inspired by James freakin' Bond. The Bond from the 60's.
- They have brought together the Hellfire Club, with January Jones as Emma Frost, and Kevin Bacon playing Sebastian Shaw.
- Filming will begin Xavier at Oxford University.
- The story will have a more international feel to it than the other X-Men films. They will be shooting in England, The United States and Russia which was the Soviet Union at the time.
- Singer Also revealed that we will see some costumes from the film in about a month.
So there is our biggest update on X-Men: First Class yet, and I love it! How can you not! It sounds like it's going to be incredible! MVaughn is a extremely talented director that's made some great films in his career, and I'm looking forward to him bringing this awesome X-Men vision to life.
What do you all think about what Singer had to say about the movie?