SDCC '12: Full WALKING DEAD Season 3 Trailer and Panel!
I honestly never thought I would ever see a zombie TV series like The Walking Dead. So in a way I'm amazed by the fact that this awesomely gruesome series actually exists! The first two seasons have been absolutely incredible, and it's looking like season 3 is going to kick all kinds of zombie ass as it takes us to the prison fort, and introduces us to a ton of new characters that fans are going to love, hate, and love to hate.
Chris Hardwick was back on stage to moderate the panel, and he's by far the most entertaining entertaining moderator that Comic-Con had on stage. The panel took place in Hall H, and it was full to capacity! The cast members that showed up to the panel included Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Norman Reedus, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, and Lauren Cohan. Also in attendance was showrunner Glen Mazzara, comic creator Robert Kirkman, executive producers Gale Anne Hurd and Dave Alpert and zombie makeup artist/co-executive producer Greg Nicotero.
One of the biggest reveals--other than the trailer you can watch belo--was that Season 3 would premiere on October 14th, 2012! Here are a few points of information that were provided at the panel.
- Robert Kirkman discussed the prison of the show and how incredible the set looks.
- They talked about the pace picking up in season, which is going to take the energy of season three to a whole new level.
- They talk about the look of the Zombies evolving and making them a lot better and much more grotesque. This next season we will see some crazy decomposed zombies that will be brought to life with the use of animatronics.
- The season will bring a crazy level of intensity.
- The production team feels like they're in the zone with this show and are having a lot of fun creating it.
- Lincoln compared the show and his character to Cormac McCarthy's book The Road, and said Carl is going to have a very interesting role this season, and he's going to be a character we should pay attention to.
After talking a little bit about this stuff they showed us the following badass trailer!
As you can see this was a holy shit moment! I think we knew the next season was going to be awesome, but this thing gave me crazy goosebumps! This footage is absolutely incredible, and it sold me on the fact that season 3 is going to be the best freakin' season yet. It was so awesome to see what's in store for us.
Each of the actors talked about their characters but nothing was really revealed that we don't already know. They can't and won't reveal anything about what happens, so they just answer questions in roundabout ways and talk about how they feel about the series and share experiences they had on the set. One thing was made clear, everyone involved with making the show loves it, they want to be on the set working on it, and they're all just as excited about making it as we are about watching it.
This was a very entertaining panel; there were lots of laughs, and everyone had a great time. The third season looks amazing and there's no doubt in my mind that you and I are going to be blown completely away by it!
What do you think of the trailer?!