A first film clip for Warner Bros. Animation's latest DC Universe film The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 has been released. The clip features a couple of Gotham City cops on a high speed pursuit until Batman takes over. This movie is based on Frank Miller's classic graphic novel, and the film features the voice of Peter Weller as the Caped Crusader!
Here's the Synopsis:
...it’s been a decade since Bruce Wayne hung up his cape, following most of the other superheroes who had been forced into retirement. Facing the downside of middle age, a restless Bruce Wayne pacifies his frustration with race cars and liquor – but the bat still beckons as he watches his city fall prey to gangs of barbaric criminals known as The Mutants.
The return of Harvey Dent as Two-Face finally prompts Wayne to once again don the Dark Knight’s cowl, and his dramatic capture of the villain returns him to crime-fighting – simultaneously making him the target of law enforcement and the new hope for a desolate Gotham City. Particularly inspired is a teenage girl named Carrie, who adopts the persona of Robin and ultimately saves Batman from a brutal attack by the Mutant leader. Armed with a new sidekick, and re-energized with a definitive purpose, the Dark Knight returns to protect Gotham from foes new...and old.
The movie also features the voices of David Selby as Commissioner Gordon, Ariel Winter as Robin, Wade Williams as Two-Face, and Michael McKean as Dr. Bartholomew Wolper. It was directed by Jay Oliva, from a script written by Bob Goodman. Of course, Bruce Timm produced the films.
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 will be released on Blu-ray and DVD and download on September 25th, 2012 from Warner Home Video. Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 will be released in early 2013.
Check out the clip, and let us know if you're looking forward to this!
The Blu-ray combo pack of the film will have over 2 hours of bonus content including:
• Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
• Sneak Peak at Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• Featurette – “Her Name is Carrie … Her Role is Robin” – An all-new featurette. Experience the role of Robin, through the eyes of a female warrior.
• Featurette – “Batman and Me: The Bob Kane Story” – A documentary comprehensively chronicling the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
• Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series handpicked by producer Alan Burnett: Two-Face, Parts 1 and 2
• Digital Comic – “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” (digital comic with cover art and three full comic pages)