I know 2013 isn't even over yet, but that didn't stop director Quentin Tarantino from putting together his top 10 list! As you know, Tarantino has a uniquely awesome personality, and his favorite movie lists always tend to surprise people. This is his list so far...
1. Afternoon Delight (Jill Soloway)
2. Before Midnight (Richard Linklater)
3. Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen)
4. The Conjuring (James Wan)
5. Drinking Buddies (Joe Swanberg)
6. Frances Ha (Noah Baumbach)
7. Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón)
8. Kick Ass 2 (Jeff Wadlow)
9. The Lone Ranger (Gore Verbinski)
10. This Is The End (Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg)
The movies I haven't seen on his list are Afternoon Delight, Drinking Buddies, or Frances Ha. But out of the movie I have seen, most of them are solid! This year the big surprise for me is his inclusion of The Lone Ranger, because I thought that movie was a mess and even found it kind of boring. I'd love to know why he liked that movie enough to put it on his list.
What do you think of Tarantino's list? What are some of your favorite movies of the year so far?