Some SPOILER filled details have leaked out from someone who claims to have read the second draft of the script for Star Wars: Episode VII. We will treat the following information as rumor for now, but Latino-Review has been sitting on this information for awhile. The only reason they released it now is because some of the details have been reported by several other news outlets, which led them to believe that there was some truth behind it.
Some of the info here is stuff we've already reported on, so this helps confirm those rumors, and then there is new information that have some massive SPOILERS. So you know what to do if you don't want anything spoiled for you… Bye!
In case you've decided to stick around for some spoiler-filled fun, here's "Mizzlewump's" list of information!
- Leia is made leader of the Republic after her predecessor's death
- Han is a retired veteran of the Republic fleet
- Luke hasn't been seen in nearly 30 years
- the lead character is Han and Leia's daughter
- the other lead is the child of Lando, and either a male or female depending on who is cast
- the other lead is a Stormtrooper, also either a male or female depending on who is cast
- dialogue for these two characters is very rough in the second draft
- Luke has no known offspring
- The Empire still exists in the form of a number of loyal galaxies and are in a state of cold war with the Republic
- The Empire is simply referred to as the "Empire," and the Republic is referred to formally only once, as the "Galactic Republic;" no "New" anywhere
- There are no Jedi whatsoever, and people still speak as if they are extinct, with Luke being "the last of his kind"
- The main antagonists are an older student of the Emperor, and his apprentice
- The apprentice takes control of the power dynamic between the two pretty quickly...
- The Republic are excavating ruins on a neutral world for a weapon; the world factors into tense negotiations the Empire have had with the Republic, and is referred to as the "Sith Homeworld"
- Loredump: In the script, the Sith are a couple thousand years old, founded by an ancestor of Palpatine called Ruin; the apprentice in this film also goes by that name
-The ruins within the Sith Homeworld are a control station; the planet itself is the weapon
- Luke saves the day at the end, but in a bad way; he has changed."
There's a strong possibility that Lando's kid could be played by Lupita Nyong'o. We've previously heard that Daisy Ridley is playing the daughter of Han and Leia, and that John Boyega is rumored to be playing the Stormtrooper. I can't help but think that Adam Driver will play the Emperor's older student and that Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie could be his apprentice. I'm just speculating, but regardless of who is cast in which role, I'm sure that this is going to be an awesome movie!