Get A Load of This $28,500 STAR WARS Watch
Are you a Star Wars fan on the hunt for a watch, who also has an extra $30,000 in your bank account? This this article is specifically for you, and only for you!
A company called Devon has developed a customized, limited edition watch inspired by George Lucas' 1977 sci-fi classic, and it'll only cost you a cool $28,500. Each watch has 350 individual parts, four time belts, and 313 electrical contacts. Only five hundred of these bad boys are being produced, so if you're interested, I'd suggest pre-ordering one immediately — but just that alone will cost you a non-refundable $2,500.
Note the TIE Fighter wing design on the sides, as well as the Imperial crest in the crown. Nearly thirty grand for a watch is pretty damn expensive, but hey — at least it comes with free TIE Fighter cufflinks.
Here are some specs for you:
- 316L stainless steel
- True black diamond-like coating
- Scratch-resistant polycarbonate lens with bulletproof durability
- Numbered 1-500 on back plate
- Four interwoven 2-micron thin nylon time belts
- Lubricant-free ruby bearings
- Four micro-step motors
- Multiple high-tech optical recognition cells
- Temperature-compensated crystal
- Onboard microprocessor
- 313 electrical contacts
- Lithium-polymer rechargeable cell
- Powered for two weeks on one charge
- Recharge wirelessly through inductive charging tower