Henry Bowers Kills His Friends in This Deleted Scene From Stephen King's IT
We have a deleted scene from director Andy Muschietti film adaptation of Stephen King's IT to show you today. Just in case you were wondering what happened to Henry Bowers' two friends after he killed his dad, this clip fills us in on that information. Bowers completely snapped, slit their throats, and drove around with them in his car as he when to hunt down the Losers Club.
If the guy is willing to kill his own father and friends... no one is safe. It's a pretty disturbing visual seeing Bowers sitting in his car with his two dead friends. Check out the clip below and then you can check out a full list of bonus content that will be included in the upcoming Blu-ray release. You can watch a previously released alternate gag opening for the film here.
Here's the bonus content:
- Georgie Catches Boat (Opening Gag Scene): "When Georgie grabs for the boat in the opening…he gets it and walks away, saying 'See you later!' to a frustrated Pennywise. Gotta admit, I laughed."
- Stanley’s Dad corrects him (Extended scene): "Stanley is reciting Hebrew in a synagogue, but his Dad jumps in to correct his pronunciation."
- Denbrough family dinner: "Bill sits at the dinner table while his Dad reads a magazine and his Mum washes up. Bill starts talking about their family trip for the year, but his Mum walks off upset. His Dad explains that Georgie was really looking forward to it."
- Bill’s Dad looks in the basement, et al: "After Bill has his encounter with Pennywise in the basement, he runs into his father. His Dad has a look in the basement, doesn’t find anything, and tells Bill to go to bed. Meanwhile, Henry tries to sneak out past his Dad, and gets into a car with Victor and Belch. They see Mike ride past on his bike."
- Outside the Neibolt house: "Mike, Beverly, Ben and Stanley are outside the house while Bill, Eddie and Richie are inside. Stanley talks about not being able to go inside while Mike comforts him. Ben places his hand on Beverly’s shoulder."
- Evacuating the Neibolt house (Extended scene): "Just an extended scene of the Losers’ Club leaving the house and getting on their bikes."
- Stanley’s Bar Mitzvah speech: "Self-explanatory. Stanley delivers a speech after his Bar Mitzvah about “indifference,” during which there’s a brief montage showing what the other kids are up to. He makes a bit of a scene and storms off while Richie claps."
- Eddie at Keene’s pharmacy (Extended scene): "Just an extended scene at the pharmacy as Eddie talks to the girl who signs his cast with 'Loser.'"
- Henry and Bullies wait outside (Extended scene): "As the Losers’ Club heads into the Neibolt house, Henry sits in his car with his face covered in blood. Belch and Victor are dead with throats slit."
- The Losers find Georgie’s walkie: "Bill picks up Georgie’s walkie right before Henry attacks Mike at the top of the well."
- Denbrough family vacation: "After saying goodbye to Beverly at the end of the movie, Bill and his parents are packing for the family vacation Bill was talking about in an earlier deleted scene. This subplot does kind of enhance the family dynamic. As the car drives away, the camera pulls in to the drain where Georgie was taken. Camera stops, and rain starts to hit the pavement. This would have been a perfect final shot."
It will also include:
- Pennywise Lives (16:25) – "A behind-the-scenes featurette about Pennywise, of course."
- The Losers’ Club (15:42) – "A featurette about the child actors in the movie."
- Author of Fear (13:51) – "An extended interview with Stephen King, who talks at length about writing the book. He mentions that Derry was based off a town in Maine called Bangor."
Muschietti also previously confirmed that there's an extended Director's Cut of the film that will eventually be released.
IT will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on January 9th.