Impeccable $7,000 Replica of the U.S.S. Enterprise from STAR TREK
If you are a huge fan of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek films and you have $7,000 to spend, this is probably one of the greatest replicas of the U.S.S. Enterprise that you can buy. The replica comes from Quantum Mechanix, and you can bask in the glory of its mind-blowing details in the photos below. The official description explains:
“The model itself was created using master components generated directly from CG files supplied to QMx by Industrial Light & Magic. The sculpture consists of thousands of details, many of which are only barely glimpsed on screen. You could spend hours studying this replica and still find new surprises around the next curve.”
You'll find some additional information below the photos.
They also offer the following lighting effects that were implemented into the replica:
Our Artisan Enterprise features approximately 200 custom-built lighting effects that truly bring the starship to
- Static interior and exterior lighting.
- Anti-collision and formation lighting (flash and strobe).
- Fluid plasma effect inside the impulse engines.
- Bussard collectors – Custom circuits and motion effects reproduce the look of the forward end of each warp nacelle.
- Illuminated deflector dish – The dish itself is a specially-built lighting element – not just lit up by a bulb – with light lines radiating out from the center of the dish, just like in the movie.
- Interior lighting for the shuttle bay.
- Four-function remote control – The QMx Artisan Enterprise comes with a custom remote for interior, warp and impulse, formation and auxiliary lighting.
The replica is 34 inches long x 15.75 in wide x 7.5 in high, and it even includes a little shuttle in the shuttle bay. As you’ll see, this thing is pretty damn impressive. If it didn’t cost as much as a used car I might have considered buying it.