New Trailer Released For Pixar's Latest Animated Film COCO
Disney has released a new trailer for Pixar's upcoming animated feature film Coco. This looks like a fantastically made film that tells the magical story of a boy, a magic guitar, and his journey to the Land of the Dead. If you're a fan of Pixar's films, this looks like a movie you won't want to miss.
Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history. Character actress Renée Victor also joins the cast as Abuelita, Miguel’s grandmother.
The movie was co-directed by Lee Unkrich (Toy Story 3) and Adrian Molina (story artist Monsters University). Coco will be released on November 22, 2017. I included a full list of the cast and characters that the studio released. You will find that info below the trailer.
Coco is a multi-generational story about the power of family relationships which features characters from the Land of the Living, and their loved ones who’ve moved on to the Land of the Dead.
From the Land of the Living:
– Anthony Gonzalez (Ice Box, The Last Ship) lends his voice to MIGUEL, a 12-year-old aspiring musician who struggles against his family’s generations-old ban on music. When a magical mishap lands him in the Land of the Dead, Miguel seeks out his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz, to help him return to the Land of the Living before it’s too late.
– Ana Ofelia Murguia (Mozart in the Jungle, Bandidas) voices Miguel’s cherished great-grandmother MAMÁ COCO. She is very old and fragile, but that doesn’t stop Miguel from sharing his daily adventures with her.
– Renee Victor (Weeds, The Apostle) provides the authoritative voice of ABUELITA, Miguel’s grandmother and the ultimate enforcer of the Rivera family’s ban on music. She loves her family very much and will do anything to protect them. But when she gets angry, she wields a mean slipper.
– Jaime Camil (Jane the Virgin, Elena of Avalor) is the voice of PAPÁ, Miguel’s supportive father who hopes that someday Miguel will join him in the family shoemaking business.
– Sofia Espinosa (Gloria) provides the voice of Miguel’s loving MAMÁ who gently encourages her son to embrace their family’s traditions.
– Luis Valdez (Which Way Is Up, director of La Bamba & Cisco Kid) is the voice of TÍO BERTO, Miguel’s uncle, a hard worker in the Rivera family shoemaking business.
– Lombardo Boyar (Happy Feet, Murder in the First) lends his voice to a friendly MARIACHI who Miguel encounters in Santa Cecilia Plaza.
From the Land of the Dead:
– Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) helps bring to life HECTOR, a charming trickster in the Land of the Dead who is forced to enlist help from Miguel to visit the Land of the Living.
– Benjamin Bratt (Star, Doctor Strange) is the voice of Miguel’s idol ERNESTO DE LA CRUZ, the most famous musician in the history of Mexico. Revered by fans worldwide until his untimely death, the charming and charismatic musician is even more beloved in the Land of the Dead.
– Edward James Olmos (Blade Runner, Stand and Deliver) lends his voice to CHICHARRÓN, a curmudgeonly friend of Hector’s who is sadly being forgotten—an unfortunate condition in the Land of the Dead.
– Alanna Ubach (Meet the Fockers, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce) provides the voice of MAMÁ IMELDA, Miguel’s great-great-grandmother, the matriarch of the Rivera family and the founder of their successful shoemaking business. Miguel meets Mamá Imelda in the Land of the Dead and discovers she does not share his passion for music
– Selene Luna (My Bloody Valentine, Celebrity Wife Swap) voices TÍA ROSITA, Miguel’s late aunt who resides in the Land of the Dead.
– Alfonso Arau (Three Amigos, director/producer Like Water for Chocolate) is the voice of PAPÁ JULIO, Miguel’s late great-grandfather who he meets in Land of the Dead.
– Herbert Siguenza (Larry Crowne, Ben 10: Alien Swarm) lends his voice to both TÍO OSCAR and TÍO FELIPE, Miguel’s late identical twin uncles who he meets in the Land of the Dead.
– Octavio Solis (Playwright Lydia, Santos & Santos) is the voice of an ARRIVAL AGENT in the Land of the Dead’s Grand Central Station.
– Gabriel Iglesias (Planes, The Nut Job) provides the voice of the HEAD CLERK in the Land of the Dead’s “Department of Family Reunions.”
– Cheech Marin (Cars 3, Tin Cup) is the voice of a CORRECTIONS OFFICER in the Land of the Dead.
– Blanca Araceli (The Bridge) voices the EMCEE for a colorful talent show in the Land of the Dead.