Here are some screenshots from the upcoming Back To The Future video game being released by Telltale Games. These episodic video games will follow the further adventures of Marty McFly, and take place six months after the end of Back to the Future Part III. Series Co-creator/co-writer/co-producer Bob Gale is grandfathering the five-episode game series with Christopher Lloyd reprising his role. Lloyd's likeness and voice was used to record some new dialogue. Newcomer A.J. LoCascio is voicing Marty McFly because Michael J. Fox was unavailable. The first game of the series will be released next month on PC and Mac, later on for PS3 and iPad.
IGN did an interview with Telltale’s co-designer Mike Stemmle, I have posted that below:
“The story in the game is completely new, set several months after the events of the third movie from Marty’s perspective. Of course, this is a story that involves time travel, so who knows where it’ll end up? We’re working with Bob Gale to make sure we’re delivering an authentic experience. There’ll be numerous recognizable elements of course – the Hill Valley town center, the clocktower, the DeLorean, Doc’s lab, and quite a bit more. And you’ll see them in ways you haven’t experienced before.” This is an adventure game, so you can expect to collects items here and there to solve puzzles and get characters to do things. As Stemmle states, “You’ll be primarily applying inventory to in-world characters and objects in the game. Marty’s not much of an ‘assemble three inventory items into a workable gadget’ kind of guy.”
The image at the top is a look at the concept art for the game. Below are the screenshots. For high resolution images visit IGN.com:
Here is what is currently known about the game:
- Will include the likenesses of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd as the characters Marty McFly and Doc Brown
- Other characters from the series will make appearances, and some of the actors will reprise their roles.
- Christopher Lloyd will also provide his voice for the games.
- Back to the Future series screenwriter Bob Gale is working with the game developers on the story
- They are planning five “episodes”.
- It will be set in the fictional California setting of Hill Valley, and will explore 1985 and additional time periods.
Here is a behind-the-scenes video of the game:
Here is another video called Hey McFly: