We've told you about this new King Kong ride that Universal Studio's and Peter Jackson have developed. It's a 3D 360-degree King Kong attraction of death, and Universal is really hyping this thing up! They've been staging real life destruction across Los Angeles. So Far Kong has struck the Santa Monica Beach and Peir, as well as Dodger Stadium.
Ya gotta admit, this is some pretty cool marketing. The photos below come from Jonathan Alcorn at Santa Monica Beach.
Here's the video of Dodger Stadiums destruction.
The new King Kong 360 3D ride will combine thrilling visceral effects with the world's largest Surround Digital projection system to create a next-generation theme park experience.
Here's a list of facts and features for the new attraction:
- Guests on the studio tour will board a tram that will enter a 200-foot-long soundstage
- Guests must don 3-D glasses for the 2 1/2 -minute attraction
- Park visitors will not only see Kong in three dimensions but also smell his banana breath, feel the gust of wind as he jumps over the guests and sense the ground quake when the ape engages a Tyrannosaurus rex in a life-or-death battle
- The 180-foot-long screens will curve around the tram so that the 3-D images seem to surround the passengers
- A system of fans, sprayers and other devices installed in the building will spew air, water and odors at park visitors to bring the images to life
- The new ape will resemble the Kong from the 2005 film, right down to the broken canine tooth and the scars over its right eye.
- Other creatures and scenes from the movie, including caves, giant bats and dinosaurs from Skull Island, will also appear on the four-story-tall screens
- Universal Studios describes the new Kong attraction as the largest 3-D exhibit in the world
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.