Ok gamers! We've had a little Mortal Kombat news here lately and now we have some box art and the release date for the new MK reboot game! You can also pre-order below!
Check it out below!
Launching on April 19th, 2011, and developed by NetherRealm Studios, Mortal Kombat is available for pre-order now on both the PS3 and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. The game will be available to consumers in three editions: Standard Edition, Kollector’s Edition, and Tournament Edition.
Details of the three different editions of Mortal Kombat are as follows:
• The Standard Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game.
• The Kollector’s Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, Sub-Zero and Scorpion figurines, a collectible art book, downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes.
• The Tournament Edition featuring the award-winning Mortal Kombat game, a portable fight stick, and downloadable content that includes an exclusive Mortal Kombat Klassic costume skin and avatar costumes. The number of tournament editions is very limited with only 20,000 copies available in North America.
Players will be able to pre-order any of the above at North American retailers as of today. Specific pre-order programs include:
• Gamestop: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Gamestop will get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.
• Best Buy: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat at Best Buy will get exclusive access to the Klassic Sub-Zero Playable Character Skin and the original Sub-Zero Fatality.
• Amazon: Customers who pre-order their copy of Mortal Kombat on Amazon.com will get exclusive access to the Klassic Reptile Playable Character Skin and the original Reptile Fatality.
Mortal Kombat will feature Kratos as a playable character, as well as be in Stereoscopic 3-D exclusively in the PS3 version. The brutal warrior from the acclaimed God of War franchise will have his own customized move set, fatality, and fighting arena, available to all original purchasers when Mortal Kombat hits stores.
The newest chapter of the iconic fighting franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2-D fighting mechanic. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and a deeper story mode. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s renowned warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches or take on several new game modes.