Stan Lee is set to receive 2012 Vanguard Award from the Producers Guild of America. Here is what Lee had to say about the award:
"I am extremely appreciative that the Producers Guild has chosen me for this distinguished award,” Lee said in a statement. “I am eager to continue to expand comic book storytelling into the digital space and am honored to be awarded alongside such amazing visionaries."
In celebration of the award, here are some of Lee's best quotes:
- "There is only one who is all powerful, and his greatest weapon is love." - Lee in Silver Surfer
- "I'm a frustrated actor. My ... goal is to beat Alfred Hitchcock in the number of cameos. I'm going to try to break his record." - Feb. 6, 2006
- "I never thought that Spider-Man would become the world wide icon that he is. I just hoped the books would sell and I'd keep my job." - Mar. 13, 2006
- "With great power there must also come ... great responsibility!" - Amazing Fantasy #15, Aug. 1962
- "I'm no prophet, but I'm guessing that comic books will always be strong. I don't think anything can really beat the pure fun and pleasure of holding a magazine in your hand, reading the story on paper, being able to roll it up and put it in your pocket, reread again later, show it to a friend, carry it with you, toss it on a shelf, collect them, have a lot of magazines lined up and read them again as a series. I think young people have always loved that. I think they always will."
Which are your favorites?
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.