The Dungeons and Dragons 2-Movie Collection on Blu-ray set consists of D and D 1 and 2, the later being my favorite of the series even though it was a straight to TV movie a few years back.
Who will be the dominator of worlds? Destiny belongs to those who dare in Dungeons & Dragons, a thunderous fantasy adventure inspired by the popular role-play game. Thora Birch and Marlon Wayans are among the forces of good defending the Empire of Izmer from the diabolical grasp of mage Profion (Jeremy Irons). The past is prologue when the evil returns years later to avenge what transpired in Izmer. Can five young stalwarts thwart the fiendish traps, spectral ghouls and mighty armies of hell? The answer ? and the thrilling spectacle ? comes in Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God.
2000's Dungeons and Dragons features some well known faces including Thora Birch, Marlon Wayons who really needs to stay out of movies like this and the iconic Jeremy Irons playing the big baddy Profion. The story is pretty weak but the FX are fun to watch but can’t really save this mediocre video game live-action venture. One cool not is the special features, there are plenty!
- Additional Scenes
- Alternate Ending
- 2 Commentaries 1( with director Courtney Soloman and actor Justin Whalin) and 2( with director Courteny Soloman, Cinematographer Doug Milsome, and game co-creator Dave Arneson
- Documentary Let the Games Begin
- Making of Featurette
- Special FX Deconstruction
- Theatrical Trailer
2005's Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God features a darker story with great FX. Actor Bruce Payne (Damodar) steals the show in this stand alone sequel to D and D. Watching it on Blu-ray made it an even better treat. If you’re a fan of Dungeons and Dragons the game and these moves then you should definitely take a look. Here’s the special features you get.
- Dungeons and Dragons Heroes Commentary featuring Wizards of the Coast D and D special
- Projects Manager Ed Stark and other D and D players
- Making of Featurette: Rolling the Dice
- The Arc: A Conversation with Gary Gyqax
So you see all the cool special features you get with this two-disc Blu-ray set. All you D and D fanatics can pick this movie up right here, right now for a fun watch.