For those of you Harry Potter fans out there still looking for new Harry Potter stuff to add to your collection, here's a crazy epic book set called Harry Potter: Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey. It will only cost you $1000 dollars, and there's only 3000 of them, but it's got everything a hardcore Potter fan could possibly want.
According to EW the set includes "eight volumes, each of which is designed to resemble a book from the library shelves at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Six of the books focus on the workings of the creative departments behind the films — wardrobe, props, special effects, and the like — while the seventh is a commemorative keepsake offering an intimate look at the relationships that developed between the cast and crew over the decade it took to produce all eight films. But the best part by far is the eighth book: a scale replica of The Monster Book of Monsters."
The set goes on sale on December 4th, but you can pre-order it now on Amazon at a 40% discount. Look over all of the details and let us know if you plan on picking yourself up one of these bad boys!
Here's what it includes:
Worthy of a vault at Gringotts, this amazing limited edition collection includes eight exquisitely crafted volumes shelved with a scale prop replica of The Monster Book of Monsters and a gilded, oversized portfolio with five frame-able prints of concept art. Featuring never-before-published art and text chronicling the making of the Harry Potter films, the set is limited to just 3,000 copies worldwide.
Seven of the volumes were created expressly for this collection and delve into different aspects of the filmmaking, showing how the team designed locations, graphics, costumes, creatures, and special effects. A book of the paintings of Hogwarts showcases the exquisite artistry of each. A keepsake book filled with snapshots and personal photos looks at the lasting relationships between cast and crew. The eighth volume is a cloth-bound edition of the New York Times Best-seller, Harry Potter: Page to Screen. All of these precious objects are housed in a collectible box that looks like it came from Diagon Alley. Arriving at your doorstep with a numbered certificate of authenticity, this limited edition is the ultimate collectible for any wizard or Muggle.
This collector’s edition includes:
• A cloth-covered case, styled to look like a shelf from a shop in Diagon Alley
• A cloth-bound edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen
• Seven additional volumes detailing the Harry Potter creative team’s ten years of extensive efforts:
* The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and Fauna from the Harry Potter Films
* Environments Envisioned: Building Fantastic Sets and Scouting Dramatic Locations
* A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
* Movie Magic: Practical Props and Exciting Effects
* The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
* Ten Years Later: Life on Set with the Harry Potter Cast and Crew
* Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the World of Harry Potter
• A replica of The Monster Book of Monsters film prop
• A gilded portfolio of five frame-able prints of original Harry Potter concept art
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.