When the first trailer for The Dark Knight Rises hit, there was a little Easter egg included that was spotted. I guess you might consider this a spoiler, but the Easter egg was confirmed in a synopsis on the back of a children's story book for the film. It confirms the connection between Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.
Basically the trailer showed Selina Kyle, a.k.a. Catwoman wearing the necklace of Bruce Wayne's mother that was shown in the original Batman Begins. I just assumed at the time that she stole it from Wayne Manor. We got a lot of mocking comments about this little discovery with people saying...
- Not obviously, the necklace was destroyed when his mother was killed, you saw the bead scatter all over the ground, it's more a case of prop re-use than anything else.
- This. I can't believe people are still going on about this necklace when it's obviously just a prop being reused.
- Perhaps, or they could have simply used the same prop in 2 different movies for 2 different scenes.
The PKE meter in Ghostbusters was used in a few other movies. Plus it's a very simple and frequently-copied design.
- assuming that weeping boy Bruce managed to retrieve the broken pearls in the alleyway or maybe some honest gotham cop did, the mansion burned down, Bruce's Dad's stethoscope didn't survive the blaze what would make us believe the pearls would? They must be some magic pearls, Batsuit should be made of them pearls.
- How utterly ridiculous.
- I thought this was gonna be something about The Joker. Because if you look at the close-up picture of the necklace.......it kind of looks like a smile.
- It's not necessarily an easter egg. Pearl necklaces are EXTREMELY common. Who says she stole it from Wayne, besides, the Manor was burnt in Begins. Who says she even stole it in the first place? Maybe it's her own necklace. I think it's just over-thinking on some parts in that everything is an easter egg.
Well, I'm here to tell you today that you are all wrong. According to the book synopsis from HarperCollins...
There's a ferocious feline in town, and she's out to steal from Gotham's wealthy citizens. Unfortunately, Catwoman makes a mistake when she visits venerable citizen Bruce Wayne and takes Bruce's prized family heirloom. She thinks she made a clean escape . . . but she doesn't know who she toyed with!
What's the prized family heirloom you ask? The pearl necklace of course! Here's a reminder from the previous post. Check it out and tell us what you think!
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.