Let's kick off the new year with some new Justice League movie details that have hit the internet! The information provided here comes from an inside source of Cosmic Book News. Please consider this a rumor for now, since I don't know much about this site, but a lot of the info does seems consistent with information that I've previously heard. The site also offers a history of this source being right with previously released information.
The info provided gives us a breakdown of the characters that will be involved with the film, and reveals that the Superman used in the movie is basically the same character from Man of Steel, and that Zack Snyder is helping write the character. It's also revealed that Alfred Pennyworth and Lois Lane will have small roles in the story.
Check out the info and let us know what you think!
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script MichaelGoldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
We previously learned that the story for Justice League in based on Gerry Conway’s 1980 Justice League Of America 183-185 is the story that we'll see brought to life on the big screen. Basically the three issue arc features the superhero team coming together to stop Darkseid from destroying Earth by blasting it with a death ray that’ll move Apokolips into the Earth’s place.
Will Beale is currently writing the script for the film which will be released in 2015. Hopefully the WB hires a solid director to bring it to life.
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.