Walking Dead star Michael Rooker is playing the character Yondu in James Gunn's Marvel film, Guardians of the Galaxy. The actor recently did a question and answer session on Twitter and while he was doing it he talked a little bit about the comic book film he was working on and the character he plays.
Here's a few points of interest that he discussed:
- When asked what movie he would like to do after Guardians of the Galaxy, Rooker answered, "Another Guardians. Duh."
- Rooker said that it takes "about an hour and a half and two more days to make sure" his blue body paint (for the role of Yondu) is all off.
- While talking about joining the Marvel universe, Rooker jokingly said, I'm in a Marvel movie and its paying my mortgage right now. Love Marvel. Sh*t Yes!!!!!!"
- Rooker first heard about Guardians of the Galaxy from director James Gunn.
- When confusingly asked if he had spent any time with Yondu before playing the character, Rooker joked, "Yeah I visited Yondu. We had a couple pints in London".
- When asked if he had to learn a new skill for Guardians of the Galaxy, Rooker joked, "No, I showed them a few."
- Apparently, Rooker is still filming scenes for Guardians of the Galaxy.
Via: Guard the Galaxy