I was incredibly surprised and excited to hear that Jesse Eisenberg was cast in Zack Snyder's Batman Vs. Superman. I thought the choice was inspired. Not everyone is happy with his casting, but wait and see what they actually have planned for him. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't, but I think Eisenberg is going to be awesome as Lex.
Our friends at Latino-Review got their hands on some details on what Lex Luthor will be like in the film and some huge plot points. Maybe they managed to answer some of the questions you have. Of course, there are potential MAJOR SPOILERS in the following information if they are true.
Here are the major points that they were revealed:
- Lex Luthor will have a bald head.
- Lex has a detailed sleeve tattoo of the Metropolis skyline on his right arm.
- Lex is the richest man on the planet and was a self-made billionaire at 18.
- Lex is obviously the CEO of Lexcorp
- He is a tech genius, a ruthless business man, and former Metropolis street tough.
- At 14 Lex was living on the streets and was initiated into a street gang.
- By 15 he was running the street gang.
- According to Lex, the act of resolving is better than strength.
- Behind Lex's eyes "burn the fires of unparalleled genius. A powerful intellect enabling him to accomplish anything he bends his will toward. In the boundaries of his mind he is godlike but not a God."
- Lex is introduced early on in the story when Bruce Wayne visits him at his Lexcorp Tower Penthouse. Lex watching video of Superman when he enters.
- Bruce and Lex don't like each other. They have a past. "You see Bruce once called Lex as an amoral, arrogant brat. Lex thinks of Bruce as a trust fund baby. Lex considers he got himself to where he is at by innovation and hard work while Bruce by accident of birth."
- Lex considers Superman "an alien, and a trespasser that doesn’t belong on this planet."
- Bruce considers Superman an "impressive specimen."
- Superman is only one of the reasons Bruce comes to Metropolis. He has an interest in the city’s tragic circumstances.
- "The rebuilding of Metropolis is Bruce Wayne’s main priority."
- Bruce will put aside his differences with Lex so they can work together by "pooling their resources" to better serve the citizens of Metropolis.
- Even though Lex sees limitations in Wayne Enterprises, he believes he can still use the company for certain things.
- Lex believes Superman can die and that he is not immortal.
- Bruce sees Superman as a problem, but one that can be solved in a peaceful way. "One that doesn’t involve going toe to toe with a God."
- "Lex doesn’t intend to go toe to toe with anybody because he believes you don’t get to be a general by charging the frontlines with the rest of the troops."
- When Bruce leaves, Lex is thinking… maybe use the Batman
I liked some things about what was revealed and other things that I didn't like. For example, I don't really like Lex rocking a sleeve tattoo or that he was a street tough. Lex's origin story just seems a bit much, but it is a comic book movie, so we'll see how it turns out. I do like the dynamic that he will have with Bruce, though. It will be fun watching Affleck and Eisenberg working together as these characters. And even though the movie was presented to us as Batman Vs. Superman, it looks like Batman is going to try to find a peaceful solution to work with him. It probably won't start out like that though.
Alerts From GeekTyrant
Choose a movie, show, actor, director, topic, or GT author to receive email alerts about.